Car shows are exquisite events which attract a multitude of enthusiasts and fanatics. Many troop to these shows to marvel at the history and evolution of these automobile creations from the vintage ‘50s to the contemporary ‘80s, as well as the modern cars of this century. Others attend to admire the raw power of race cars and the funky elements featured in customized pieces.
Of all these shows, the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® is probably the most prestigious event known the world over. Held every year on the Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, California, it is the climax to a week-long Monterey Car Week, featuring cars that span generations and vary in detail in splendor.
This year’s festivities will feature marques and special classes that are a must-see:
- Maserati Centennial – A tribute to the carmaker’s 100 years of creating masterpieces.
- Ruxton – A collection of limited edition vintages from 1929 to 1930
- Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa – A race car model built by sports car giant Ferrari in the 1950s and 1960s
- Fernandez et Darrin Coachwork – Salon-winning coach creations in Paris in the 1930s
- Steam cars – Early 20th century automobiles powered by a steam engine
- Rolls Royce Phantom IV and V – Two of the most exclusive luxury cars ever made. The Phantom IV version only has 16 units surviving to this day.
- Tatra – One of the first manufacturers in the auto world, with cars which were not only specifically engineered but also had a unique look and feel.
- Eastern European Motorcycles – A wide variety of bikes from renowned makers in Europe.
Whatever taste you have for cars will surely be satisfied in this annual extravagance of beautiful cars. Approximately 15,000 spectators come to the event which also features a charity event for local foundations and organizations.
Such a large throng of spectators will definitely call for spaces for board and lodging. For accommodations, the majestic scenery that nearby Bay Park Hotel offers is commensurate to the event you’ll be attending, presenting a view of natural surroundings which are surely a feast to the eyes. Dining needs will also be well taken care of by the sumptuous meals served at the in-house Crazy Horse Restaurant serving American cuisines.
Bay Park Hotel can cater to all your needs, even giving provisions for your pets if you choose to bring them along. There is a special area in the hotel which will make your stay comfortable, since you don’t have to worry about the smallest, four-legged members of your family.
Pebble Beach® and Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® are trademarks and service marks of Pebble Beach Company. Used with permission.
*Photo credit: Kimball Studios, courtesy Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance