Every year thousands of visitors flock to Monterey Bay, California to enjoy one of the most amazing coastlines in the world. With rough ocean waters swirling around jagged rocks, the view from the shore only hints at the beauty beneath the surface.
The Monterey Bay is referred to as the Grand Canyon of the ocean with depths reaching over a mile. The variety of life found in the Bay is unique to this area with many species yet to be discovered in these deep mysterious waters. Most of us will never have the opportunity to explore the underwater world of the Monterey Bay, so the next best thing is to find hotels near the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium is an experience that will delight the entire family. There is something to see here for every age and interest. test website speed . If you plan a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium this year, here are a few tips that will make your day more enjoyable.
Top 7 Tips for Visiting Hotels Near the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Visit during the week rather than the weekend if possible. The weekends are typically busier than other days of the year and visiting off-season may also prove less crowded.
- Check for other local events taking place in the Monterey Bay area to include in your visit. There are many world-class events such as the Pebble Beach Pro-Am in February, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca events, and concerts at the Monterey Fairgrounds that recently featured popular bands such as Mumford and Sons.
- Bring cash for parking meters. Street parking in Monterey can be a bit pricey at $15 a day. There are parking lots adjacent to the Aquarium that charge less but fill up fast as well as a multi-story parking structure near Cannery Row.
- Break up your visit with a stroll down the beautiful coastline. You can have your hand stamped and come and go as you please.
- Stay for several days in order to enjoy all that the Monterey, California has to offer. Plan a whale watching tour, take a Segway ride, drive through Pebble Beach, or just spend a few days enjoying the sand on the long beach of Asilomar.
- Visit historical Pacific Grove, the sister city to Monterey visiting the unique shops and historical architecture.
- Become a member of the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It may save you some money especially if you plan more than one visit in a year. Your membership helps fund the work and preservation of this valuable world eco system.
If you plan to stay overnight in Monterey, be sure and check with the front desk at Monterey Bay Park Hotel. We have several package deals that will help you save money and make your visit a memorable one including, discount 2-day tickets to the Aquarium. At the door adult tickets are $34.95 and children $21.95. Save even more – with our two-day passes for the price of one. Ask at the front desk for more information.
Written for the Bay Park Hotel by local photographer and writer Laura Wrede.